miriams ramblings

The title says it all!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Catch Up

Right, I suppose the time has come to let anyone who may still be checking this know what we have been up to over the past 2 months!

So let me think back....

The beginning of October was Adam's birthday. We went out with his football mates, for a joint do with another friend at Jongleurs comedy club. I can't really remember who the comedians were, but I remember laughing quite a lot! we also went down to London to see some uni mates, combining that with going to see Maxïmo Park, who I thought were fantastic.

Other weekends have also been taken up with various people leaving work, so going out to say goodbye to them (notably Brian, Hayley and Jamie), and more gigs (Keane and Razorlight). I am finding hard to decide which gig out of all of them was my favourite, the Maxïmo Park one was a bit different because we had seats upstairs at the Brixton Acadamy. I was a bit worried about this, but the atmosphere was really good, and I had a fantastic view! The first four rows of seated people had to actually sit down, but because we were behind that, we could stand up. Being fairly short, I did appreciate actually being able to see the band we were listening to! Keane were better than I expected them to be, obvioulsy loving being back on the road after rehab! I knew I would love Razorlight as we had seen them before, at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff when they were supporting Oasis, so to see them at a smaller venue was great (we saw both Keane and Razorlight at the Rivermead in Reading). i also managed to stand behind several people smaller than me at the Keane gig, which was nice. Along the gig theme, we have also been to see Zane Lowe at Po Na Na. If you look closely enough you can actually see Adam and me in some of the photos. We were grooving away right at the front, getting very hot and sweaty, and even had a hug with the man himself afterwards!

We also celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary with a trip to London to see The Sound of Music. Having watched most of the TV programme where they picked who was going to play Maria, we thought it would be fun to go and see it. I really enjoyed it. I suppose liking the sound of music in the first place is possibly a prerequisite for enjoying it at the theatre though. Also managed to meet up with another uni mate that night, who is now in Japan for 8 months, then planning on spending some time in Australia, New Zealand, and Canada. I was glad to be able to meet up with him, as it looks like he might not be around here for a good 2 years now! Nearly didn't recognise him though, last time I saw him he had a ridiculous mullett, but now has no hair whatsoever.

We have also been up to Birmingham for a weekend with Ang and Nick, which is always funny. I wish we got to see them more often, but we're just slack at organising things between us! I have also been to a Murder Mystery evening with work, which was quite amusing, but has resulted in various dramas, I think the less said about them the better, am generally trying to keep out of it, but in a department of about 11 people, where 4 of them are involved in said dramas, its quite hard!

I have also been working out quite a lot, trying to slim down before Christmas so that I can gorge myself later! Have been quite enjoying it, but the aches and pains afterwards are not so great. Wednesday is becoming a weekly 2 hour session, but my friend Hayley is a wimp and can only manage an hour!

Adam's still playing footie, they're actually not doing too badly at the moment. His job seems to be going well, but it is getting harder to get up in the mornings now its dark and cold! He's still home before me fairly frequently though! But who in their right mind decided that shirts should be worn for work? I never used to do any ironing before he started this job! And before everyone says 'just let him do it himself' it is a whole lot easier for me to do it and not hear the moaning! My work has been calming down nicely, just about managing to keep busy for the entire day at the moment, but no doubt that will soon become harder, and I'll be moaning that I'm bored!

We are having a new bathroom fitted in December, so have been gleefully neglecting to clean the current one as thoroughly as I should. It also means I have a nice week off work, without actually having much to do, and I am really looking forward to it!

Right I think thats about it! I'm sure I've forgotten stuff, but basically, we've been busy enjoying ourselves!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home