miriams ramblings

The title says it all!

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Visiting Ben at Fallowfields


Precious
Originally uploaded by adam.mim.

Yesterday I had the good luck of having a few spare hours while Adam was watching Liverpool v Chelsea. I had thought I could con some lunch out of Dad and Lorraine, but when I called Lorraine to find out where they were Ben answered and suggested I go up to Fallowfields with him and Esther and go out for a walk with them. When I got there Ben was cleaning out the birds so Esther and I gave him a hand, and then we took James' dogs out for a quick walk. Maisie and Gilly are lovely dogs, and it was really nice to be able to walk out across the fields with them. I found a rabbit skull which I was quite proud of! When we got back with the dogs, Ben suggested we take Connie and a ferret out to try to hunt some rabbit. So Ben carried Connie, I carried the ferret (in a box on my back) and Est carried a spade (apparently in case the ferret killed a rabbit in a hole and we had to dig it out!) and off we went. We walked for quite a long time, but unfortunately didn't actually catch anything. Connie did attempt to catch a pheasant, but she was a bit too slow. We did see a couple of rabbits too, and she had a good go at one of them, but again failed to catch it. The poor ferret didn't even get let out of the box at all.

It was a really enjoyable few hours, even having to drive home barefoot due to the muddiness of my shoes! I think I'll have to go up there more often, and hopefully see Connie catch something.

Talking of catching small animals, our cats have very kindly brought us two birds and a mouse in recent weeks. Its very kind of them but I wish they'd stick to leaves and twigs!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:28 pm, Blogger Sarah said…

    I'm quite jealous! Looks like great fun :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home